IM 5.5 Injection Moulder 5.5 ml
The Xplore micro injection moulders with a shot volume of 5.5 ml can easily sit on your laboratory bench or in a fume cupboard. Our IM 5.5 fits seamlessly with our twin-screw compounders to streamline your R&D screening. It can also work as stand-alone units to mould formulations that do not require mixing.
- Compact. They fit easily on your laboratory bench or in a fume cupboard.
- Flash free. Moulds are tightly fitted in the housing to prevent opening during injection and material flashing.
- Shrinkage free. Holding pressure and time are precisely controlled to avoid shrinkage in the moulded test sample.
- Easy filling. The injection unit can be easily filled with compounded material directly from one of our micro-compounders or manually with powder or granules.
- Standard and custom shapes. Certified dog bone shaped tensile bars, Izod bars and others can be produced standard. Customized shapes can also be provided on request.
- Consistent shapes. These lab scale injection moulders combine an excellent temperature-controlled mould housing for a conical shaped mould with a controlled heated injection nozzle unit that can be easily removed for filling.
- High injection force of 18 kN, enabling moulding of very thin shapes and/or filling multiple cavities.
- Clear ml markings on the piston, makes it easy to determine the amount of material left in the transfer unit.