Lignin Fibre Line
With this new winder and conditioning unit, you can spin lignin monofilaments and subsequently cross-link them under well-defined heat, stress or strain conditions, so that they can be carbonized subsequently. These two screening instruments drastically relieve your R&D efforts and reduce your development time, so that less R&D budget is needed.
- High-speed winding unit (up to 200 m/min) and an extremely accurate conditioning unit where crosslinking by a gas, for instance: oxygen can be achieved. The small footprint of this innovative design allows the equipment to fit on a laboratory bench.
- Variable settings. Speed, overlap pitch, heating modes and other settings can be adjusted to produce diverse types of fibres.
- Smaller samples, faster sample generation. Only a fraction of material is used compared to conventional fibre development.
- Perfect control of fibre stress during conditioning treatment by sensitive grippers and an ultra-accurate linear motor which can move with minimum increments of 1 nanometer (measured).
- The purge gas is temperature and flow controlled to support gradual and reproducible crosslinking of the lignin fibre, to improve the mechanical properties of lignin fibres to enable a subsequent carbonization step.
- Option in combination with one of our micro compounders: Continuous feeder kit. No need for an additional spinning pump, as our micro compounder is featured with throughput control to secure uniform fibre diameter.