Micro Cast Film Pro Line: CFPL
Xplore developed a high end cast film pro film line, with three calenders, for extensife R&D possibilities. The CFPL guarantees the best controlled process for the testing and screening (slippery) film formulations of e.g. optical, mechanical and/or barrier properties.
- The film cast speed can be adjusted on the first calender winder roll between 100 and 5000 mm/min with increments of 1 mm/min (via micro stepping*).
- Film necking is minimized with an air knife just and two air pins after the die.
- The second, transport calender roll is also speed controlled*) via a master slave arrangement with the first calender and has a pinch roll on top of it to adjust the mechanical pressure on the film sample to minimize slip on the film sample.
- The third, collecting, calender winder roll is torque controlled (its diameter will grow during the test run), to ensure even film uptake, which can be adjusted with increments of 1 Nmm.
- The continuous feeding kit, consisting of a mountable, water-cooled top hopper and two continuous feeding screws and/or forced feeding screws, enables easy auto feeding in continuous extrusion mode from one of our micro compounders (MC 15 HT or MC 5).
* Xplore proprietary technology